The Sports Mirror with the support of Blogchatter is organizing a blogging contest entitled “The #SportsChatter Blogging Contest”. If you love sports and love writing, The Sports Mirror provides the best platform to engage with other fans and promote your work. Blogchatter is a wonderful platform for bloggers from every genre and helps you ‘Take your blog to next level’.
Do you have a blog? Are you a writer? Do you have opinions about sports?
Here’s your chance to talk sports and WIN cash prizes!
It’s very simple…
Write a blog entry or post (450+ words) on your site about anything sports related.
- Opinions: Season preview, state of the game, officiating, your predictions for the Indian Super League (ISL), thoughts about your favorite team, a big win in ICC World Twenty20 – or a big loss… the only limitation is that it is sports related or sports news, reviews and opinions.
- Local competition: Perhaps your town or city has a tennis tournament coming up, or football league play-offs, or a synchronized swimming competition. Check out the newspaper or an online events guide for inspiration.
- Favorite Sportsperson: Write a feature piece on your favorite sportsperson. What do you admire about them? Arrange an interview with them if you can.
- Ethics: Are you interested in how ethics and sports intersect? Explore the topic of performance enhancing drugs, unpaid student superstars vs. over-paid professionals, or the alleged high rates of violence and domestic abuse amongst some pro athletes.
- Health impacts: Dig into the health benefits of playing sports in high school. Alternatively, investigate the physical dangers of contact sports – such as the concussion controversy surrounding some codes of cricket.
- Women in Sports: Women’s sports are greatly underrepresented in the media. Furthermore, very few women hold key positions in sports journalism. Write an op-ed on the underrepresentation of women in sports.
Email the blog link to info [@] thesportsmirror [.] com with subject line as “The #SportsChatter Blogging Contest”.
Our staff reviews them all and picks 3 winners!
How are they judged?
Just make them great!
It can be funny, it can be educational, it can be historic, it can be long, it can be short. If we like and think others will like it – you’re in and have a shot to win! Like we said, simple.
It cannot have spelling errors, it must be in English and it can’t suck.
Any questions – just ask?
Don’t have a blog? Start one – It’s free and easy! In case you need more guidance follow @blogchatter twitter handle and you can get all the help you need with starting of a blog! A supportive team and blogging community waits you there!
Regardless of what topic you choose, make sure to follow the following rules:
- Focus your attention on one issue or event.
- Do some background research so that you have a good understanding of the context, and what’s already been written about your topic? You may want to look into the historical record of a team you’re writing about, or a coach’s history, or the incidence of doping 20 years ago versus today.
- Seek out the opinions of others and gather interesting quotes! If you’re writing about a sports event, interview players, coaches, and fans. If you’re writing about a national or international event or issue, draw on newspaper and magazine articles.
- The blog written by you should have this standard line at the end – ‘This blog was posted in response to the The Sports Mirror Blogging Contest in association with Blogchatter!’ (link back to the website running the contest i.e. The Sports Mirror)
- You must tweet the post using the hashtag #SportsChatter and handle @thesportsmirror to ensure that we can find it and track it.
- Share the blog post link over the social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+) using hashtag #SportsChatter & ask your visitors to help you win.
- Multiple entries are allowed and encouraged.
- Like The Sports Mirror page on Facebook.
- Follow The Sports Mirror on Twitter.
- Follow The Sports Mirror on Google+.
- Follow The Sports Mirror on Instagram.
- Sign up for our free Newsletter in the popup!
- Best Entry: INR 5000 (winning piece + author interview will be featured on The Sports Mirror’s blog)
- 1st Runner up: INR 3000 (winning piece will be featured on The Sports Mirror’s blog)
- 2nd Runner up: INR 2000 (winning piece will be featured on The Sports Mirror’s blog)
What’s Different about The Sports Mirror Contests?
Prizes: The winning entrant will receive INR 5000, and the 1st runner-up will receive INR 3000 and 2nd runner-up will receive INR 2000.
Professional Recognition: The winning entry, plus the 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up, will be featured on our blog, with commentary from our guest judge.
Competition Opens: January 1st, 2016
Blogchatter Session: Special twitter chat session on Sports Blogging on January 13th, 2016 at 8.30pm IST.
Competition Ends: February 14th, 2016
Results: February 24th, 2016
Please help spread the word about the #SportsChatter contest by tweeting this post and sharing it with your friends and colleagues via Facebook, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.