Sachin Tendulkar is a perfect example to how you refer to someone as a classy and legend at the same time. He is now brilliantly enjoying his second innings “life after retirement”. That doesn’t mean he is sitting idle but Master Blaster is trying his hands at doing things which he earlier missed due to busy cricket itinerary.
It’s more than 2-year since Sachin Tendulkar officially announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. At first, it seemed unimaginable and rumor, but the Master Blaster’s last day on the field happened to be on 16th November 2013, when he played his last match – 200th Test – against West Indies in Mumbai. And since then Tendulkar is busy with several things after retirement.
Here are a few amazing things that Sachin Tendulkar undertook after his retirement.
Top 6 Things that Sachin Tendulkar is doing these days:
- Owner of Kerala Blasters: To promote the beautiful game of Soccer in India, Sachin Tendulkar bought Kerala Blasters team in 2014. He is often seen cheering for the team in Indian Super League (ISL). Tendulkar is hopeful that India is set to become the global sporting hub of football in the near future.
- Ambassador, Swatchh Bharat Abhiyaan: Prime Minister Narendra Modi nominated Master Blaster as brand ambassador to his prestigious Swatchh Bharat Abhiyaan (Clean India Initiative). And Sachin Tendulkar is overtly active in it – promoting cleanliness and sanitation across the country in his own inimitable style.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Writer: The ace former cricketer entered into literary world with his debut novel, “Playing it my way” and it’s a blockbuster hit as millions of copies have already been sold since its launch in the late 2014. Fans are speculating that Master Blaster might come up with a new novel soon.
- Rajya Sabha MP: The little master adopted a village, “Puttamraju Kandriga” in Nellore district in Andhra Pradesh within his capacity as a Rajya Sabha nominated MP. With Tendulkar at the helm, the village is now on the path of prosperity with improved electricity, sanitation and infrastructural facility. It is also important to mention here that Sachin is one of the India’s best performing MPs (Member of Parliament) when it comes to spending the MPLADs (The Member of Parliament Local Area Development scheme) He already spent 98 percent of the fund for the nation’s development and causes.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Actor: India’s former test captain is now ready to debut on big screen this year. The teaser of the film “Sachin: A Billion Dreams” has already got more than 4-million views on youtube. And it’s just a matter of time when you will see Sachin on the different side of the turf as an actor later this year.
- Cricket All Stars Series, USA: Sachin Tendulkar did the unpredictable last year initiating Cricket All Stars Series with Shane Warne for the noble cause of promoting cricket in the far-off USA, where the game is not much popular. But after the series, the nation saw renewed interest of the people in cricket. This 3 T20 match series (between Sachin’s Blasters and Warne’s Warriors) will now take place every year to make cricket a global sport.
Apart from these activities, Sachin is also actively engaged in numerous charitable activities round the year. He has also become more expressive these days and can be seen reflecting his views on various issues on his official social media accounts.
On the occasion of Sachin Tendulkar’s 43rd birthday, the author and The Sports Mirror team wishing him very best in life and for all his future endeavors.