Mumbai, April 29, 2016: SONY MAX, SONY SIX & SONY ESPN (part of Sony Pictures Networks India), the official broadcasters of the VIVO IPL, continue to grow in the second week of the T20 cricket tournament after just 16 matches.
- VIVO IPL has achieved a cumulative reach of 266 million continuing to build a larger audience base than ever before in its first fortnight.
- With rural data being reported for the first time, the response has been great with a 43% reach from rural.
- 46% viewership is from female viewers which make VIVO IPL a truly family inclusive event.
- In terms of the audience profile, VIVO IPL is the most watched amongst the 22-30 year olds.
- Top performing markets are Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka & Gujarat.
- Sony MAX grew from being the No.1 channel in HSM in week 1 to being the No.1 channel at an All India level in week 2.
The leading T20 tournament, VIVO IPL 2016, has continued its winning performance and clocked a significant growth in its 2nd week notwithstanding the power cuts (source: BARC newsletters) which led to the drop in the total television viewership pulling it to the lowest at the HSM level.